Choose from 12 centers in Alameda County
Older adults with health issues and individuals with disabilities can enjoy a welcoming, engaging environment that supports health and independence at a local adult care center. The 12 Alameda County centers foster a sense of community and offer services that help participants live at home for as long as possible. Services vary by center and may include:
- Health monitoring and education
- Nursing and personal care
- Recreational activities like art therapy, cooking, music, and games
- Social work services
- Daily exercise program
- Hot lunch and special diets
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Support and respite for family caregivers
- Some centers offer a full package of medical, in-home, hospital and skilled care services
Participants typically attend the center two to five days a week, four to eight hours a day. Transportation to and from the center is arranged or provided. Centers welcome individuals with a wide range of health needs and backgrounds, and many centers have bilingual staff and expertise with specific populations — such as individuals with a similar cultural or ethnic heritage, memory loss, dementia, mental health issues, or younger adults with head injuries or developmental disabilities.
Learn about each center
Go to our Centers in Alameda County page for information about each center, plus a link to their website.
“I love to come to this program, because it makes me laugh again.”
– A Participant